Monday, May 11, 2009

Yes Man!

Lou and I watched 'Yes Man' last night. A little bit cheesy, but that was expected I suppose. Not bad though. It got us to thinking, or me to thinking anyway, about how difficult it might actually be to say 'yes' to every opportunity, even if just for one day. Maybe I will try it... Not today though.

This morning was the shits - but tonight, I am feeling pretty terrific. Just goes to show how much situations and moods can change in the span of about 13 hours. 

I was able to make it to the pool after work and got in a quick 1/2 kilometer before the pool closed. I feel good about that. I also plan to have a second go at waking up at 7am tomorrow, without Lou, for a pre-work swim... I feel like I might actually make it this time!

I also drove over to the capitol hill area to return a purse and wallet to a customer who left them behind tonight at Ol' Cockney Kings. I was not able to get a number from anything left in the purse - but her license lead me to her house. She was not home when I got there, though I found her husband and he seemed quite relieved as well upon the return of what may have been keys to his truck... I think this can slot nicely in as part of that homework assignment where I wanted to do something of no immediate personal gain in the interest of helping someone else. Let's make this week the week for that to happen for real - Monday down and one random act of kindness in the books. I will update tomorrow, or later in the week at least with my progress on that front.

On a completely unrelated side note - the Canucks lost tonight, bringing the best playoff run they have had since 1994 to an end. I really thought this was our year... but, it looks like that is not the case. For what it's worth though - I want to commend those boys on their effort. They did well, they almost had it tonight, but it slipped away. And unlike most other band-wagon jumpers, I'll take this loss and feel pretty good about it. The thing I figured out tonight is this: The only thing Vancouver loves more than the Vancouver Canucks, is hating on them when they lose.

So fuck each and every person who ended tonight with words and feelings of hate towards our hockey team. I might not play hockey anymore, and own a jersey, or a hat or shirt, and I don't have those ever popular Canucks flags on my car - but god dammit I am a better fan than you are...

That is all tonight. Time for bed!