Thursday, May 14, 2009

Goals for the week...

I had intended to post this on Monday - but sometimes things get a little busy - and sometimes I get a little lazy. Either way, here it is now...

- Swim 4 times this week.
- Do something each day to help someone out. This cannot be calculated, and must be of no immediate benefit to myself.
- Vote.
- Fix the windshield wiper on my car.

My progress so far is good.

I took Wednesday as my rest day. Monday and Tuesday I swam after work - getting in half of a kilometer each night. Today, I swam on my break from work and pushed it up to three quarters of a km. My hope is to be doing 1 km non-stop before the end of the month...

On the subject of my 'random acts of kindness' - on Monday I returned that purse. On Tuesday night, I was closing up at work and about 25 minutes after we had closed, a man came in who seemed really disappointed that he had come too late. Rather then turn him away, fish and chip-less, I fired the fryers back up and cooked his meal. He was stoked. Last night, a similar situation. Customer enters, we are closed, he is bummed - only last night we had some leftover fish and chips that had been sitting for a few minutes. I crisped those back up and gave them to him on the house. He was really stoked.

I am not sure what I will do today - but hopefully an opportunity presents itself before the day is done...

And I voted too - only, I can't say that the election produced either of the outcomes I was hoping for...

And as far as my windshield goes - I can't replace the part apparently. Plan B = fix it my way - with glue and/or tape. Plan C - try to find the part at the auto wrecker. 

Back to work now!