Friday, May 8, 2009

Failed... kinda.

No 7am Wednesday morning wake-up for me. A failure in once sense, yes. But I'll call it a necessity - a conscious decision made in the name of extra rest. And realistically, I think I needed that extra bit of sleep - I have been a little grumpy this week.

In lieu of missing my Wednesday swim, I swam extra hard on Thursday. Done deal. I am now up to 500m non-stop. I hope to push that to 1.5km and beyond maybe. 1.5km is the standard distance for an olympic distance triathlon - which I have been thinking might be a new addition to the 'to-do' list... If I could run, I might consider giving Ironman a shot someday. Not soon though...

Today has been super productive so far. Despite a shitty start (due to news of a fuck up at work), I was up at 6:30 to take Lou to work. Hit up the passport office shortly before 9am (my new passport will be here in roughly two weeks). Ate breakfast and read the newspaper. Stopped at Canadian Tire. Took an hour long nap in my car. Saw Andy down at Sacred Heart about a new tattoo that is now in the works. Had lunch. Made a deposit at the bank and stopped at the library to pay old fines, get a new library card, and borrow a book that will hopefully help me fix some small issues with my car. The most important being my broken windshield wiper. In Vancouver, that can cause some issues...

All of that, and its only 2:32pm. Work starts in 28 minutes. Tonight will go well I believe. And I serve for Amy tomorrow morning. As much as that sucks on my day off, it is a bit of extra money in the bank, which is a good thing for sure.