Sunday, March 15, 2009

Productivity is neat.

While at times complicated and frustrating for people around me, this week has been an excellent one.

I think that sometimes, those weekly challenges that seem ridiculous and impossible, they are just what we need in life. If life never felt like it was going to shit - then life at it's best wouldn't be all that good. The experience of the highs and the lows that life can throw at you creates balance... it makes life interesting. Right?

Anyway. I had an ultra-productive week. Made it to the pool twice. The moisturizing habits of old naked men aside - I enjoyed the swims, and plan to hit the pool 2-3 times in the coming week. I cleaned out my car, and fixed the side view mirror. Booked my road test - I figure its about time I got rid of the old 'N' (that has not been hanging in my window for the last 5 years as it should have been). I made it out to the media club to see Cody off on his 2 week tour with a band called 'Beat Kids'. Saw Sean and Carol-Lee there too (which prompted some interesting thoughts on how people and relationships change so much over time - even over the course of the last year alone. I think that with the split of LB - we were all forced to do some serious 'growing up'. In doing so, we have grown apart somewhat, but the maturity we have all gained has grounded us all a little more than we once were. I believe that grounding alone has allowed us a better understanding of our relationships with each other - the result for me was the feeling that I missed them more now than I did before...)

This weekend allowed me the time to finally sort out my investments at the bank. Though I opted to invest with minimal risk, I stand to make close to $1000 over the next 3 years on my RRSP's alone. I also opened up a TFSA (tax free savings account), which is set up as a 15 month term deposit. Now that this is all taken care of, I feel a little more prepared to focus my savings on our trip and nothing else...