Monday, March 9, 2009

Life in Technicolor...

I spent a lot of the last week feeling grumpy. But the kind of grumpy that you can't hide, nor can you quite explain it to the people around you. Everyone at work could tell. I was short with them. Irritable. 

I'm still not quite sure why... Lack of sleep perhaps?

Anyway. I came into the weekend with high hopes - and it delivered for the most part. Slept in. Good food. Swing dance lessons. Spent time with the guys and girls - and 'Bud' the dog (who took an unusual liking to me and my feet). Slept in (again). Got organized. Watched movies. Ate ice cream. 

Good gets better right? 

You're damn right it does.

And all this for only $29 dollars between Lou and I.

It's funny how the moment we booked our flights, we both became two of the cheapest individuals I have ever known. This is a good thing however. We need all the money we can scrape together to fund our adventures. And it makes more sense to put it away now, rather than creating any sort of dependance on our work situations in the U.K. come December 2009. With little or no certainty how that will all pan out, I am hopeful that we will both have sufficient funding to support ourselves during our time there, in lieu of our income while we are there.

I'm not sure what else I have to touch on at the moment. Work is good, and well on its way to better. Finances are good, and improving each day. This week will be a good one - my mild headache which seems to return nightly aside. I think I'll go swim it off...