Sunday, March 15, 2009

Oh yeah...

Lou and I bought tickets for these guys...

It's funny because over the years, my tastes in music have changed so much. I can remember a time when hearing Coldplay on the radio prompted me to change the station.

Years later, in my re-discovery of what I now might consider my favorite band - I find that their music has actually changed me. I always believed music held this ability, though I think that in the past, I didn't quite understand it. When I thought the music that I loved was changing me - I'm sure now that it was more likely just making me become myself even more.

Somehow, Coldplay actually created real changes in me. The songs almost take me away someplace else. And upon my return to reality, I realize that wherever it was that I just went in that song - I need to get to in real life. It's like they have become the soundtrack to my life.

I am on a journey with the hope that I will find myself someplace better - as a greater person than I am today...