Monday, March 23, 2009

Public swimming = too much old man penis...

In keeping with the Sunday updates, I figure I better write something before I pack it in for the night!

Lou and I swam again tonight. It was good times... mostly. I have concluded however, that you see too much old man penis at public pools. It's unavoidable! In the past two weeks, I have witnessed men moisturizing their junk more than once, and several questionable drying techniques - including fanning with the towel, and the always horrible standing on the bench to dry your shit while its at every one's eye level. Not good times at all.

Goal for the week: hit the pool 3 times while minimizing the amount of old man penis seen.

This past week and weekend went pretty well too. Work was a little tough at times, but the week ended, just like every week does... And I guess a tough week at work is nothing to get bent out of shape about. It's work. It's not always supposed to be easy. Right?

We got a lot done this weekend too! I was able to do a lot of clean-up and what not with my morning off on Friday - so that made the weekend's start a little less pressured, which in turn made for a ridiculous amount of sleep. I'd say it was needed though... Picked up our 'Coldplay' tickets too.

There is something about holding the tickets in your hand that makes the idea of seeing a great band a little more exciting!

At it's most exciting moment, this weekend had me aiding a man who had fallen at 'Montmartre' - a little french place that has awesome Chai on Main Street. Upon realizing that nobody else was going to do much - I tried my best to help - though I became instantly aware that my first aid skills are in need of brushing up. Turns out the guy was just pissed, and fell down drunk - but I wasn't sure of that, and I guess you can never be too careful. After keeping him comfortable, and seeing him off to the ambulance, we made our exit. Back at home, Robbie, Meaghan, Lou and I capped off the night with a pretty sweet game of 'Scene It'. The girls won, but the race was a tight one!

In other news - I am nearing a full year of complete sobriety. I'm not sure why this feels like a blog-worthy mention - I guess though, this has been the most substantial challenge I have faced over the last year. Not in terms of difficulty really, just in the sense that I was a big change, and the one that was perhaps most often questioned and scrutinized by those around me... I don't think I intend to continue with it completely - but I think that, overall, it was a good challenge for me. In an effort to remain as open minded on my world travels though, I don't really want to close the window of opportunity to sample some good wines in Italy, or enjoy a cold one with Lou's dad. I wasn't a heavy drinker or anything - I guess drinking just wasn't very fun anymore. Which in turn had me questioning why I continued to go out and get pissed like my friend at 'Montmartre' - though I can say honestly that my drinking habits only once landed me in a hospital... with a broken hand - but that, my friends, is a blog topic of its own...