Monday, June 30, 2008

A week in review...

While I guess I have failed at keeping this blog current, I have most definitely not failed when it comes to the purposes of keeping this at all. 

I have not posted anything since last weekend, but I will do what I can to get this up to date right now, I will re-group, and I will take yet another stab at posting daily. 

Anyhow, here goes...

Last Sunday's challenge was a quest to hunt down some items on Lou's list of things that are abundant and available at home in Australia, but near impossible to find here in Vancouver. Items to find: self raising flower, loose leaf black tea, milo (chocolate drink mix), ginger nut biscuits & mint slices (or the closest alternatives). I found them all - done and done.

The week was a bit of a blur, and I don't recall anything too interesting that is completely worth re-telling. I did however put my cooking skills to work more than once. Lou was impressed I think! I hired a new busser at work, and am quite pleased so far at here attitude and effort. Nothing is worse than a new hire who sucks shit...

Lou met me after work on Friday night and we went out for a bite to eat - I proceed to aid in making her an hour late for work on Saturday morning. Though, today will be her last day at Mantique, so it was not much of a worry for her. 

With Saturday came a good challenge. We laid the tiles in Shaun's kitchen. When I made it out there they were nearly half done. After a bit of a break and a trip to home depot for additional mortar mix, we finished the floor off. I was quite pleased with out handy work once again, seeing as none of us had really done such work before. Saturday night concluded with a BBQ at my place with Ashlee & Tony's friends - in anticipation for the wedding I suppose. Good times.

After seeing Lou off to work on Sunday, I took off down to bellingham for a few hours with Cody. We didn't find him an iPhone - but we had a good time none the less. I bought some Abba Zaba's so I am more than content.

I will conclude with Sunday night - easily the best night of my week/weekend. As of today, Lou and I have been together for 1 month. While I don't usually wish to make too big a deal out of this 'milestone', I did want to surprise here with something. Flowers and a Futurama game that I found in the states did he trick I would say. We had an awesome night together walking through kit's to Granville island. A nice meal at Bridges right on the dock. A walk along the beach on the way back. Back at Lou's I got my Vegemite fix and watched Juno.

Though I stayed a little late, not arriving home until nearly 5:30am - I would say my sleep deprived self today finds that the late night was well worth it.

I guess the week as a whole wasn't all that challenging, but within my endeavors laid those small and unique challenges that you often over look. In the end, I feel great about the last week, and am excited for what is to come!

I think though, in my tired state, my ideas may not be as coherent as I am hoping, so I am going to end this here.