Wednesday, May 14, 2008

It's been a long time now since I've seen you smile...

Ride number two today! Another hour. I may consider cutting back my original goal of an hour a day however. My mom talked to me about a better schedule that spends a little more time working my way up to longer more frequent rides. My sore ass and left knee like that idea. My dad also got me proper pedal clips and shoes so I can clip into that bad boy. He's also going to adjust everything tomorrow so its set-up better for my height and what not. Stoked!

So tonight I worked on a little photo project that I had been meaning to complete since last spring.


While on tour in....I don't even remember where we were actually. We stopped at a gas station/rest stop just as the sunset was coming to a close. We took a little time to hang out. I don't know where it was - and to be honest, I don't really remember how I was feeling that night. I am fairly certain that I was feeling reflective though. I pulled out my camera and starting taking shots while I turned slightly each time - trying to put together a makeshift panorama of sorts I suppose. Anyway, I never took the time to piece all the pictures together...until tonight.

It's nothing too exciting - but it does a lot to bring back memories of life on the road. My feelings about life on the road are another matter... though they neither favor, nor denounce it...

On a completely different note - go listen to/download 'Nantes' by a band called Beirut. I just discovered this band tonight, by the advice of a close friend - this song makes me want to ride trains all around Europe...right now.

I think I'll just leave it at that.