Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Tonight We Ride!

Since New Years, I have been on a bit of mission to get myself back into shape. After having to stop playing sports due to a problem with my hips, I didn't really do much to compensate for the lack of physical activity. That makes almost 10 years of laziness now. About time for a change I'd say.

My biggest set back is the fact that I don't really have a lot of time outside of work during the week to do anything at all, let alone go to the gym or do some other form of activity. So the other night I had my dad set up one of his bikes on a trainer in my room. Basically, it turns a road bike into a stationary exercise bike. No excuses now!

I did my first ride tonight. 1 Hour. My resolution as of today...ride for one hour each day. I may try getting up early tomorrow morning to ride before work. I figure I'll settle into some sort of routine, riding before work some days, and after work on others.

My mom always tried to push me to be more active. I didn't ever make too much effort though. Last week, she ran in the Vancouver Marathon...42km's. 5 Hours 3 minutes of running. Needless to say, I'm inspired. My days as the messy fat kid are over!