Tuesday, May 5, 2009

It's a girl!

So - I realize I have (yet again) fallen short in keeping up with regular Sunday updates. To remedy the 3 week draught,  I will combine the past 3 updates into one, keeping things as concise and to the point as I am able.

On the subject of health and what not - I am now swimming quite regularly. I think it is safe to say that I am past the point where forcing myself to go is a difficult thing - and that in itself feels pretty good. It's almost as if my body equates feeling good to starting my day with a swim - therefor, it kind of craves it.  Another incentive is the fact that in order to get my money's worth (being that I bought myself a four month pass) - I need to swim at least twice each week. In the last month, I have been to the pool 15 times so I am most definitely on track. My next goal is to incorporate the gym into the mix - though I think I need to learn how to work out first... 

On a different note - I passed my road test and now have my class 5 license. It was long overdue, and as strange as it my sound, it feels good to be done with. I guess being lumped in with today's 'new' drivers made me feel a little bit lame - and lazy too, being that I have been eligible to apply for my class 5 for almost 5 years now. Anyway, it's in the bag - and apparently my face will be in hologram form on my new license! How cool is that!

I have been thinking more about the book I intend to write. I wouldn't say I am much further along though. But realistically, I have no intentions of writing it soon. It is just something I want to keep in the relative forefront of my mind when I am able to. To give it thought, and take note of ideas I may have, be it ideas about structure, or about content... I also may look into what it costs to print books on your own. Much like we did in Lights Below, without a label or publicity. Does that ever happen with books? Independently printed and distributed? It's an idea for sure!

And I guess I have saved the biggest event for last. In regards to the blog's title - Ashlee and Tony are now the proud parent's of baby Aven Iris Anne Patrick. At least I think that is her full name... haha! It was definitely an experience, being there and all. Not that I saw it happen, I waited in the hall of course, but something about hearing a new person be born into the world sends a shiver down your spine (the happy kind of shiver!). She is amazing, so far as I was able to tell in the 5 minutes I spent with her. But Ash and Tony will be out of the hospital tomorrow morning, and regular visits will soon begin if my mom has anything to say about it. So far, being Uncle Greg is pretty neat...