Tuesday, June 10, 2008

CAMPING!

So this weekend we went camping for Tony's stag. Good times. Not the best weather, but it didn't rain too much, so that was something to be thankful for I suppose. We spent our time doing man things. Throwing knives. Shooting guns. That sort of thing. I made a deal with Christian - he had to light one of his farts on fire. He succeeded...therefor, I went swimming in the river. It was cold.

I came to a realization on this trip. Actually, that is a lie. This is something I have known and been confident in for some time now. I am referring to the importance of balance. Balance in every sense of the word, and balance applied to everything in our lives. I cannot and will not say that I know the point to this life we are living. I will say however, that the key to living well and being happy is balance. A balance between fun and responsibilities. A balanced diet. A balance between giving your time to others, and saving your time for yourself. Balance is the key to everything in life - or at least that is how I like to think of it. Try it! Focus on keeping things balanced. Budget your time, and leave yourself with the ability to control you time a little more. Make an effort to create a balanced lifestyle, avoiding doing anything in excess for it may cause the scales to tip and create unwanted stress.

I am not exactly certain what about this past camping trip brought me to this conclusion, but something about taking myself away from the usual things that take up my time - work, friends, family, technology - it just shifted my focus if only for a moment. It was enough to bring this idea back to the forefront of my mind - and I think I want to push a little more towards balance when I can.

Anyway - the hike this weekend might be pushed back a little. Too much snow still. Its June! Whats with the snow! Geeze!

Here are some are a couple pictures of the weekend. The fire made for some good fun with pictures and slow shutter speeds!

Word.