Sunday, May 25, 2008

Good really does get better...

Lately, I have been really trying to appreciate the little things in life. Those wonderful simplicities that are easy to overlook, but the ones that, when you take the time to appreciate them, they make you feel amazing. So yesterday, I took a nap in the park. Like Tom Sawyer or Huck Finn would have most certainly done, I found comfort in the shade of a tree, and got some rest. I tend to feel on weekends like I should spend all of my time doing something. Yesterday, I took just a little bit of time to do nothing at all. 

This weekend has been great. Lou and I are hanging out more and more, and while I am doing my best to take all of this as slow as possible, I cannot help but feel that this could really end up being something great. As scary as it is, being that her home is on the other side of the world, I can't find a reason to not let this play out as it will. My friends seem to like her. My family likes her. She's perfect! And she's gorgeous to boot! Hiking in the Lynn Canyon was the best idea I've had all year.