Saturday, May 24, 2008

Good energy = Good times

This week has been pretty incredible. I can't lie.

While my intention is not to make this a space for me to gush, I think that I must recognize how good I have been feeling lately. It is becoming more and more evident to me that positive thinking and physical well being both relate directly to a positive and healthy reality. I'm realizing that doing something as simple as focus on positive energy all the time tends to create a positive energy about you - and this really does affect everyone you come in contact with. But now I'm starting to sound like some sort of spiritual health guru, which I am not. I have taken the last few days off from really challenging myself in a specific sense however. Or, I suppose the challenges haven't stopped, I've just been too busy to reflect upon them. Which still goes again this blog's purpose in more ways than one. I don't think a recap of this weeks happenings will do much for anyone but myself as well. SO. I take this as a lesson and a push to pick it back up again.

(It's kind of funny how I tend to write this as if I am writing to an audience... When really, I don't make a large effort to see that anyone reads it...)

Here is an interesting idea though, that I think goes hand in hand with a lot of the goals behind me doing this whole blog deal. Each night when you go to sleep, take a minute to recap your entire day, making a mental (or physical) list of everything good that happened to you. They can be a simple or as grandiose as you wish, just make a list, and make it positive. Try it!

I also hope to fill tomorrow with new experiences. As many as I can. Expect a barrage of blogging action soon. It's definitely on it's way.

To cap this one off. Here is today's list (even though it is now 4:29am):

- I was on time for work this morning.
- Everyone at work was in a good mood today, which made for a pretty good day at work.
- I got to see my sister on my break today (which was rad because I don't see her often enough)
- The night at work went smoothly - clean up was quick and good.
- Went on my 2nd date with Lou tonight and had an amazing time.

Word.